I'm sure this answer is going to subject me to all sorts of anti-rubymine
abuse, but RubyMine has a pretty good tool that understands ActiveRecord
associatioins and rails migrations just fine. Te diagram it generates often
needs a bit of formatting for large domains but I have found it very useful for
understanding a domain quickly.

Cheers,

Adam