tl;dr BigCommerce are hiring RoR Engineers to work on some cool
projects in Sydney. We are a PHP shop but have a number of projects in
other languages. Full relocation and 457 sponsorship for any
candidates outside Sydney.

Apply here:
http://hire.jobvite.com/j/?aj=opPsWfwm&s=RoRO_Google_Group
or if you hate forms them email me on a...@proshortlist.com

-----------------------

projects. The perfect opportunity for a smart Software Engineer with
at least 3 years experience developing elegant and scalable solutions.

Who are you?
You are smart in a non-scary way. You write simple and elegant code in
a variety of languages. You like solving problems and puzzles. You
love tackling scaling issues. You are passionate about learning new
languages and frameworks. You might have experience with PHP, MySQL,
Javascript (jQuery), HTML, CSS and MVC frameworks such as Zend
although we prefer to simply hire smart engineers so previous
experience in our stack is not essential. You are a bit bored where
you work now and spend way too much time reading Reddit, SO, and HN.

Who is BigCommerce?
We are an Aussie company based in Surry Hills. Our SaaS e-commerce
product (launched in 2009) is growing explosively. We have been
profitable since day one so when we decided to raise $15m to help us
build our team it was on our terms as a true partnership. Our
investors are not trying to prep us for a quick flip to some software
graveyard. They are actively involved in our business and really
helping us cement our position as the fastest growing SaaS e-commerce
platform in the world.

What are we like?
We are not a startup sweat shop. Our office is largely empty by 6pm.
We work smart not hard. We have lots of free snacks. We know exactly
what we are looking for in every person we hire. We are really, really
good at finding and attracting amazing people to join our team. Our
management team is 100% behind our dev team and do amazing things to
keep us happy, healthy, engaged and productive.

Our team:
We have a over 30 strong engineering team based in Sydney and 60
sales, support and marketing people in Austin, Texas. Most of our
Software Engineering team are PHP developers and we have made a
serious effort to hire UI, visual design, interaction design, testers
and product management people as early as we can so you can focus on
pure development.

Depending on your skill set you will end up reporting to either Ajeya
or Chris.

Ajeya Vempati - Test Engineering Manager:
Recent Thoughtworks and Google escapee, a real engineers engineer,
calls everyone “dude”, not a cowboy, definitely a maths wizz, big F1
and Ferrari fan, and most commonly found lining up outside the Apple
store at 4am.

Chris Iona - Software Engineering Manager:
He is from Adelaide, he used to work at Internode, he won't micro
manage you, genuinely cares about the whole team, he wears glasses, we
suspect he may be superman.

Soren Harner - VP of Engineering:
Ajeya and Chris both report to Soren. He was previously the VP of
Engineering at Atlassian (the Confluence and JIRA guys). He is big on
environmental issues, loves riding to work, and has had deep
experience building awesome technical teams. We bet you a cookie that
Soren is the boss you have always wanted to work for.

Mitch Harper & Eddie Machaalani - Co-Founders:
Our glorious leaders! :P Mitch and Eddie met on IRC and decided to
partner up when they realised they were both building similar
products. They do not wear hoodies, they are not arrogant, they love
working with smart people, they are very good at motivating the team,
and they won't treat you like a cog in their machine. If you have the
desire to one day go out and take a shot at your own startup you will
learn a lot from these two.

You can apply directly at this link:
http://hire.jobvite.com/j/?aj=opPsWfwm&s=RoRO_Google_Group

Freenode: AdamSeabrook
Email: a...@proshortlist.com
PH: 0280148960
SKYPE: adampaulseabrook
GTalk: a...@seabrook.me

If you know anyone already at BigCommerce we always recommend getting
referred by them.