I know that the focus here is Rails but I also know a lot of people work
with UX Designers or play a dual role of UX Designer/Rails Dev, so I
thought posting this here would be relevant.

We are currently looking for a User Experience and Business Analyst to help
us design the software we build for innovative companies and high-tech
ventures. We’re offering a 3 month contract, 3 days a week (days a week
flexible) with the option to go full-time. Some of the things you’ll enjoy
most about the role are:

*Working closely with innovators to turn their ideas into reality.* You
will be working directly with our clients that are looking to disrupt
industries and invent new cloud, web and mobile services. You will be
responsible for taking their ideas and defining the requirements and user
experience needed to make their ideas a reality. You won’t be locked away
for months working on obscure reports with names like 564-72A.

*Joining our quest to build the best software possible*. We perform peer
reviews on our work, we write appropriate tests for our software and have
guidelines and standards for the things we do. We will always work towards
quality before time and cost (in the absence of an explicit instruction
from a client) because we know this leads to a better outcome for us and
our customers in the long run.

*Making decisions.* We welcome robust, opinionated debate in the search of
the right solution (or understanding the right problem). We like everyone
to get involved in this and we like people to run with their ideas. We
create an environment in which others aren’t afraid to try new things and
make mistakes – it is through mistakes that we learn the most.

*Learning new things and applying what you’ve learnt.* We are always
implementing new frameworks, approaches, and ideas on our projects – it
isn’t enough to have just read about them. We will also go out of our way
to help you progress at what you love.

*A few other things about our culture.* We’re flexible over when, where and
how you work as long as the job gets done. We’re young and growing quickly
so there are always opportunities to grow into new roles and shape our
future.

*The key things we’re looking for: *

   - At least 1-2 years experience in agile User Experience or Business
   Analysis.
   - An ability to lead and inspire people
   - Excellent written and verbal communication skills
   - A commitment to producing the best quality user experience you can

And we have a few things that are nice to have had experience with:

   - UX research and user profiling
   - HTML, CSS, web and mobile design
   - Programming at its most basic level

*About Terem Technologies *
Terem Technologies is a start-up, fast-growing professional software
services organisation based in Martin Place, Sydney that builds software
for innovative companies and high-tech ventures. Software built by Terem
has been used by the likes of the Federal Government, Optus and Aussie Home
Loans. Read more about us at www.terem.com.au.

Please contact me, Scott, at care...@terem.com.au.