Hi all, I want to build some internal analytics of data in my Rails
application.

We need to be able to more effectively track and slice events, users and
various data points within the application from the web, hopefully in
real-tim. What have others used for this?

Custom built?
Gems to assist in data aggregation or visualisation?
Third party applications?

In the past I've personally only data warehousing software, which I never
found particularly easy and usually complete overkill for what I needed.

Any suggestions would be very welcome.

Matt