Hi there fellow Railers,

Have a requirement for full text search on a small static set of documents in 8
languages.  The documents are committed to the repository don't change outside
of a deploy.  Talking about 2mb total inclusive of all languages across about
20 HTML documents per language.

I want to get full text search happening on these documents, with weighted
results and simple AND / OR type matching.

Obviously, using something like Sphinx / Postgres full text search would handle
it, but feels like over kill to spin up a separate search server instance to
manage and index.

Using something lix xapian is an option, could build the index on app boot, but
needs packages installed on the server (trying to do this simply)

Anyone know of a xapian like ruby full text search that can run in memory of
off temp files that doesn't have external dependencies?

I've done some googling and can't find anything that really suits.  I think the
simplest thing might be building PostgreSQL full text search tables on app boot
and using them as the app is already using PostgreSQL.

But I welcome other ideas if they exist :)

Mikel