There's also the Melbourne Ruby Hack Night which is happening this coming
Wednesday at teamsquare: http://www.meetup.com/Ruby-On-Rails-Oceania-
Melbourne/events/227795377/.

wrote:

> Hi Melanie,

> Are you part of an online community that discusses ruby? This is obviously
one, you might find IRC and/or Slack to be a valuable way to meet people who
can engage in ruby topics with you.

> As Iowen said, these sorts of questions really shouldn't require money to
resolve - it's just finding a friendly ruby community to participate within. I
haven't really done a lot of Ruby over the past couple of years but perhaps
someone else can recommend a good Ruby chat channel?

On Saturday, January 9, 2016 at 2:03:30 PM UTC+11, Melanie M wrote:

>> Hi Iowen - thanks, but these are just the problems that I've not been able
to get help with via SO. Thanks anway

On Friday, January 8, 2016 at 9:03:44 PM UTC+11, lowen G wrote:

>>> Hi,

>>> You donot need to pay. Just post your problems in

>>> <http://stackoverflow.com> . There are lots of wonderful programmers
theres who will help ypu.

On Friday, 8 January 2016 10:30:26 UTC+11, Melanie M wrote:

> [...]
most part, failing miserably) at trying to teach myself to code.

[codementor.io](http://codementor.io) etc and but haven't managed to find one
that works routinely in rails as their day to day job.

would really love some pointers. I can't afford an ongoing arrangement, but if
anyone is around today or over the weekend and has any amount of time to
spare, I would really appreciate some help. I am happy to pay your hourly/day
rate - please let me know your rates in your reply.

one specific change) [http://sourcey.com/rails-4-omniauth-using-devise-with-
twitter-facebook-and-linkedin/](http://sourcey.com/rails-4-omniauth-using-
devise-with-twitter-facebook-and-linkedin/)

populating)

a day, and are happy to help me figure out my issues, I'd really appreciate
some help.

> \--
"Ruby or Rails Oceania" group.
email to [rails-oceania+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com](mailto:rails-