Hey RORO, I hope you all had a lovely festive period and HAPPY NEW YEAR! I
am looking for a junior-mid level developer who is very keen in learning.
This is in the educational software space so a passion to help others is
key :)

Join an international company on an established, successful product

·       Inclusive and trusting culture

·       Fitzroy location

·       $60K - $75K + Super

*Company*

Having been around for over 10 years this company creates educational
software that helps onboarding and educating staff that is very high end!
Our clients are big, think Kmart, AusPost, Bupa etc.

Rubbing shoulders with some of the top designers (you will agree when you
see the work) that there is to offer, the work is very engaging.

In a converted warehouse with guitars and drum sets laying around,
everybody is very welcoming and lovely. The hours are flexible as long as
you get the work done!

Our current product is with customers who love it! Our second, greenfield
product, is currently an MVP that we are rolling out. Here our Development
is novel in a trusting culture that is like an inclusive family.

*Role*

Ideally being somebody who loves learning you will be championing our
backend. We are an up to date Ruby on Rails (6+) app where we have migrated
most of our REST services to GraphQL. Our front-end is mostly
TypeScript/React which you will be across.

You will work on database design, implementation of shared login,
authentication flows and mirror the current production in Rails. Some tasks
could be assisting in and managing our hosted platform deploying (Cloud on
Heroku) or they could be collaborating on the development of ideas with the
project team. We are currently working on our CI/CD pipelines.

Currently, we have a frontend champion however in this role you are
expected to be able to jump into to do some JavaScript or have the aptitude
to learn.

50% of your work will be on the current, successful product and the other
50% is on our greenfield app.

We want someone who can push back, who has an innovative personality and
will not just take orders but is an independent person.

Due to the nature of our domain of learning, 10% of your time is allocated
to improving your self through learning.

*You*

·       1+ Years Software Engineering Experience

·       1+ Ruby Experience

·       Some JavaScript experience – (React / State Management favourable)

·       Have worked across the whole stack

·       Are Eager to learn

·       Are Passionate

*Bonus*

·       Cloud experience

·       Eye for design

·      GraphQL API’s

·      Scaling Rails applications

·       Proven experience building, testing, deploying and maintaining web
applications

·       RSpec (Jest, Jasmine a bonus)

·       You read blogs, keep up to date and know leaders in the industry

·       Worked in a small start-up

This product is going from strength to strength so as you grow technically
and personally so will the company. Here there is a real sense of care.

Send us your CV / folio / GitHub and we’ll get in touch for a chat.

If you’d like more information about this opportunity, email Alex on
a...@redwolfrosch.com.au

*APPLY NOW!*

Valid PR or Citizenship needed

Know someone who would be great for this job? Refer them and help a friend
:)