By Lucy Hornby
Tue Aug 5, 4:46 AM ET

BEIJING (Reuters) - August 8 promises to be a lucky day for Liu
Chuan who is getting married and has a ticket for the opening
ceremony of the Olympic Games.

Liu and his bride will join thousands of Chinese couples queuing at
the marriage registry on Friday, an auspicious day for weddings and
births because of the number 8, which symbolizes wealth in Chinese.

August 8 is also China's big day, when the Olympic Games open in
Beijing. Organizers added an extra eight for good measure by
scheduling the opening ceremony for 8 p.m. "Chinese are partial to
the number 8, and Friday is three 8s in a row - the eighth day of
the eighth month, 2008. Also, we picked it because of the Olympics,"
said Liu, a Beijing resident. "I got a ticket for the opening
ceremony that night, but it was only possible to get one, so I will
go to the Bird's Nest (stadium) and my fiancee will watch it on TV
at home."

So many couples are planning to tie the knot on August 8 that
Beijing's marriage registries set up an online service for couples
to file paperwork in advance and speed up the process. An estimated
9,000 couples in Beijing alone will get their marriage certificates
that day.

(Editing by Keith Weir)
Sumber
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080805/lf_nm_life/olympics_weddings_dc;_
ylt=AvVJWeuqWGdUXgUlt77QMld34T0D

Tapi di Itali kabanyo Angko 13 adolah Angko Bahagia.
Bahagia 13, bukan Celaka 13...

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], Syofiardi BachyulJb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Angko bisa dijadikan simbol kampanye untuk pangingek ka urang
banyak. Tapi angko juo bisa mangajak masyarakat ka kakufuran bantuak
angko 13. Langkah nan ditantang aktivis PKS, kalau indak salah
tangkok, dulunyo.

> Salam,
> Syof (38)

UNTUK DIPERHATIKAN:
- Wajib mematuhi Peraturan Palanta RantauNet, mohon dibaca & dipahami! Lihat di
http://groups.google.com/group/RantauNet/web/peraturan-rantaunet
- Tulis Nama, Umur & Lokasi anda pada setiap posting
- Dilarang mengirim email attachment! Tawarkan kepada yg berminat & kirim
melalui jalur pribadi
- Dilarang posting email besar dari >200KB. Jika melanggar akan dimoderasi atau
dibanned
- Hapus footer & bagian tdk perlu dalam melakukan reply
- Jangan menggunakan reply utk topik/subjek baru