On 6 May 2012 13:52, Robert Burrell Donkin <rdon...@apache.org> wrote:
> The next stage of the graduation hand-over is setting up the infrastructure
> for Apache Creadur TLP. This includes the website.
>

> I think there's generally positive feelings about the CMS, excepting
> committing Maven generated sites. As a user, I find the Maven sites for
> releases are useful. So, I suggest switching to the CMS and dropping the
> Maven sites for anything other than releases.

Not sure what you mean by that.
How can there be a CMS site and a separate Maven site?
What URLs will these be using?

> If we're going to switch to the CMS, it will save some effort if we ask
> infrastructure to set it up for the new TLP domain.
>
> Opinions? Objections?

I think the CMS works well for sites that need frequent updates of
parts of the site.
For example, the main ASF site.

Conversion to Markdown format can be a non-trivial exercise; although
there are some scripts, their output still needs some tweaking.
And there are some features of HTML which are not directly supported
by Markdown (e.g. numbered lists using alpha).

For Maven sites that are generally only updated with each new release,
the fact that Maven sites cannot be built piecemeal is not an issue,
so is it worth the conversion effort?

AIUI, a Maven generated site can still be published with svnpubsub.