Hi Andreas,

(please keep the list in CC)

On 12/7/18 1:18 PM, Andreas Kurzkurt wrote:
Hi Enrico

Now we are one big step ahead. We managed to compile the RAUC client.
But now we get an error message when we start the RAUC client.
Our Linux Distribution has no Systemd. The RAUC client should run without
systemd.
We also managed to install DBUS on our linux system.

rauc -c /etc/rauc/rauc.conf status
Failed to resolve realpath for '/dev/nfs'

ok, thus this is an NFS boot?
RAUC should be able to detect NFS boots and handle properly.
Which version do you use?

Failed to obtain name de.pengutronix.rauc

Did you start the service before, too?
Are you sure it is compiled with D-Bus support?

Not that this mainly needs the configuration file.
At least with 1.0-rc1 the client will fully communicate over D-Bus.

Normally this can be done using D-Bus activation. We have Make source files for
this in the data/ folder.
Calling `make install` should place all this files properly with the right
content set.

Maybe it's also worth looking at what build systems do with it, such as Yocto /
OE or PTXdist.

We mainly use systemd for testing, but InitV is basically supported, too.

Our config file is:
[system]
compatible=rauc-demo-x86
bootloader=uboot
mountprefix=/mnt/rauc

[keyring]
path=demo.cert.pem

[slot.rootfs.0]
device=/dev/mtdblock3
type=ubifs
bootname=A

[slot.rootfs.1]
device=/dev/mtdblock5
type=ubifs
bootname=B

The config looks fine basically and should have nothing to do with the issues
you see.

Best regards,

Enrico

--
Pengutronix e.K.                           | Enrico Jörns                |
Peiner Str. 6-8, 31137 Hildesheim, Germany | Phone: +49-5121-206917-5080 |