Hello Bernd,

On 03.01.23 09:17, BAUER Bernd wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have an IMX8MN system and want to use RAUC to update the bootloader.
> The BL is on the EMMC (no partition) and is not redundant.

Why would you not place it into the dedicated hardware boot partitions
that your eMMC already has?

> Does this work with Rauc at all?

eMMC boot partition are better because they provide power-fail safe update,
but you could use the eMMC user area with RAUC as well.
Easiest way is to just place a MBR/GPT partition at the location where the
bootrom expects the bootloader. There's no rule that the bootloader needs
to be located in unpartitioned space.

> I have unfortunately found nothing in the manual about it.

There's:
https://rauc.readthedocs.io/en/latest/examples.html#atomic-bootloader-updates-emmc

Cheers,
Ahmad