Jules wrote:

> the reason i'm keeping sa in the loop is because i want to keep things
> fairly close to the debian layout so i can do updates painlessly.
> what i ended up doing was raising the score for razor2 to the spam
> threshold and letting the rest of sa work as set up by etch.

Certainly you can do it the way you want, but it really does seem to me
that you want to drastically change the default configuration of
spamassassin, which may not update painlessly.

Thinking about it some more, you could likely call razor-check without
running any extra scripts, because it probably uses 51% as the
determining factor by default (the manual page doesn't specify).

In any case, razor is a debian package, so it will update properly, and
I expect you can call razor-check from Amavis, and definitely it can be
integrated with your MTA.

If you decide to keep spamassassin, you will probably want to contact
the spamassassin mailing list for help with configuring it.  I suspect
that if you remove all .cf files from /usr/share/spamassassin except for
25_razor2.cf and /var/lib/spamassassin does not exist and you never run
sa-update only razor will be used, but there may be other undesirable
effects.

--
Chris Purves

"Personally, I liked the university. They gave us money and facilities,
we didn't have to produce anything! You've never been out of college!
You don't know what it's like out there! I've worked in the private
sector. They expect results." - Ray Stantz