Dear Arnout,

> One thing to decide on would be what kind of file format to use.
> rfc822 is a bit foreign outside of Debian. I have no particular love
> for XML, JSON or YAML, to be quite honest.

Given that you are going to have to encode some Java/Maven-specific
data into this format *anyway* there does not seem to be any reason to
not use the standard, extensively-used and well-known format for the
platform in question; hence I would go with .properties.

My personal belief is that a single buildinfo format/layout is a
quixotic or somewhat-doomed effort and will result in too many
practical compromises…  but I do grant it is indeed very enjoyable to
haggle over file formats. :)


Best wishes,

-- 
      ,''`.
     : :'  :     Chris Lamb
     `. `'`      [email protected] / chris-lamb.co.uk
       `-
_______________________________________________
[email protected] mailing list

To change your subscription options, visit 
https://lists.reproducible-builds.org/listinfo/rb-general.

To unsubscribe, send an email to 
[email protected].

Reply via email to