Hi Arnout, On Thu, Apr 18, 2019 at 01:20:21PM +0200, Arnout Engelen wrote: > I just wanted to share some promising progress around Reproducible > Builds for Scala libraries (on the JVM). > > Recently the first non-trivial Scala library was released with my > sbt-reproducible-builds plugin enabled during the build (Akka 2.5.22). > I can successfully independently reproduce most of the artifacts built > with Scala 2.13.0-M5 (results at > https://arnout.engelen.eu/rb/akka/2.13.0-M5/2.5.22/). The remaining > inconsistencies are all due to an issue in the Scala compiler that has > already been fixed for Scala 2.13.0-RC1 > (https://github.com/scala/scala/pull/7429). > > The original release was performed on a Mac, and I could successfully > verify it (modulo the known issue) on my Debian machine - so the build > seems reproducible across pretty diverse systems.
that's great news, thank you for sharing this here!
--
tschau,
Holger
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
holger@(debian|reproducible-builds|layer-acht).org
PGP fingerprint: B8BF 5413 7B09 D35C F026 FE9D 091A B856 069A AA1C
signature.asc
Description: PGP signature
_______________________________________________ [email protected] mailing list To change your subscription options, visit https://lists.reproducible-builds.org/listinfo/rb-general. To unsubscribe, send an email to [email protected].
