On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 05:54:51PM +0000, Matt Bearup via rb-general wrote:
> Hello all,

Yo!

> I'm experimenting with reproducible builds and, while I've managed to generate
> several packages with correct hashsums (per reproducible-builds.org), there
> are ~9 packages where I consistently get a different checksum.  Focusing on
> one package for this discussion...
> 
> [...]
>   *   However, I've tried multiple build tools (pbuilder and sbuild), multiple
>   build machines, and multiple host OSes (Stretch and Buster - though the
>   chroot is always buster). I *consistently* get a different sha256 checksum
>   for this package: 
> bbde6cee1fd915e5257b7c47977d8e88dc5e45816fe241fd8751a50aea98c6b8.

None of these (pbuild and sbuild) recreate the environment with a BUILDINFO file
necessary to recreate the hash.

You can try using srebuild and see if it manages to produce the same hash as it
would utilize the BUILDINFO to recreate the build environment. But this isn't a
standalone tool yet.

https://salsa.debian.org/reproducible-builds/debian-rebuilder-setup/blob/master/builder/srebuild
 

-- 
Morten Linderud
PGP: 9C02FF419FECBE16

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: PGP signature

_______________________________________________
[email protected] mailing list

To change your subscription options, visit 
https://lists.reproducible-builds.org/listinfo/rb-general.

To unsubscribe, send an email to 
[email protected].

Reply via email to