Thanks, folks!


> On 2022-10-05, David A. Wheeler wrote:
>>> On Oct 5, 2022, at 3:50 PM, Chris Lamb <[email protected]> 
>>> wrote:
>>> Please review the draft for September's Reproducible Builds report:
>>> 
>>>  https://reproducible-builds.org/reports/2022-09/?draft
>>
>> As always, thanks! A few proposed tweaks below.
>>
>> --- David A. Wheeler
>>
>> ============
>>
>> First, an easy nit:
>>   s/David Wheeler/David A. Wheeler/g
>> if you would please. I do answer to "David" (and many other things!).
>> However, there are a ridiculous number of "David Wheelers", so I always use 
>> my initial
>> initial in written materials to reduce confusion.
>
> Fixed.
>
>> Second:
>>> David Wheeler also pointed out that there are some potential upcoming 
>>> changes to the OpenSSF Best Practices badge for open source software in 
>>> relation to reproducibility. Whilst the badge programme has three 
>>> certification levels (“passing”, “silver” and “gold”), the “gold” level 
>>> includes the criterion that “The project MUST have a reproducible build”.
>> This was merely a proposal for a change, based on some projects' requests -
>> whether or not it happens depends on feedback!
>> Indeed, based on current feedback I doubt it'll go anywhere. So I think it'd 
>> be clearer written this way:
>>> David A. Wheeler also posted a proposed change to the OpenSSF Best 
>>> Practices badge for open source software in relation to reproducible 
>>> builds. Whilst the badge programme has three certification levels 
>>> (“passing”, “silver” and “gold”), the “gold” level includes the criterion 
>>> that “The project MUST have a reproducible build”.
>> Then delete the "However," that follows it, and change "we raised" to "were 
>> raised".
>
> Done. Noticed another typo when I added that part too ...

Reply via email to