Good morning R:BASE Community:

Is there a way within R:BASE to check to see if an external file is
currently locked before an attempt is made to update it?

Example:  An UNLOAD routine attempts to update a CSV file but another
program currently has the CSV file open.

I need to check for this situation so I can add a PAUSE loop in my program
to wait until the destination file is no longer locked.

Thank you in advance for any help that can be provided.

Mike Ramsour
AK Steel Coshocton Works
Quality Department
Phone:  740-829-4340
Cell:  740-502-1659

Confidentiality Notice
This message is intended exclusively for the individual or entity to which it
is addressed and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private
information.
If you are not the named addressee, you are not authorized to read, print,
retain, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it.  If you have
received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail
and delete all copies of the message.