Rich:

Ah, the eternal "garbage in" issue, which The Divine Being wrestles with daily as us folks down here keep producing more of it. R:BASE, however, don't take no trash from nobody, which is one of the reason to love it. Trash bites back, if allowed in, long after it seeps through the door, generally when your machine's "critical detector" is just itching to fire.

Cheers, Bruce

------ Original Message ------
Sent: 12/10/2018 11:46:07 AM
Subject: Re: Re[2]: [RBASE-L] - GATEWAY IMPORT CSV - Practical Record Count / File Size Limit?
From: "Rich Jasinski" <r...@ogdengroup.com>
To: rbase-l@googlegroups.com

I have had an issue with garbage characters blowing up a csv load or a alpha char trying to load into an int field

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 10, 2018, at 2:25 PM, Bruce A. Chitiea <rby...@safesectors.com> wrote:

Tony and Albert:

Thanks for the insights. Cannot see a structural issue (yet), as both halves imported without burping; but an antivirus delay is an intriguing idea. If one assumes that antivirus was also interested in, and active on, all the shorter files which imported without incident, then file size seems implicated; suggesting the crossing of an internal delay threshold within R:BASE ("uh, I've waited long enough") due to AV dwell time. May be worth an experiment or two.

Thanks!
Bruce