When I use a View for this, it is a TEMPORARY SINGLE TABLE VIEW.

  The sequence is after the initial data is constructed and the Form is
opened:

  1 If the data is changed then

  PROPERTY TABLE tvwSomeTempView 'CLOSE'
    DROP VIEW tvwSomeTempView
    CREATE TEMP VIEWtvwSomeTempView AS SELECT WhatEverColumns FROM
SomeBaseTableForTheVIEW +
    WHERE SomeWhereClauseIfAny
    PROPERTY TABLE tvwSomeTempView 'OPEN'

  This is All I do.  You could add REFRESH I guess, but I do not.