Haven't played around with this in a while, but someone requested instructions.
If I have a report to the screen and do a "print to file" picking Excel (either
2003 or xlsx), it formats pretty well.  If I bring up Excel and want to insert
a sum by using the =SUM(....) it shows up as 0.  If I do each individually as a
cell (such as:  +A1+A2+A3) then it adds up the numbers, but not when I do a
=SUM.   Obviously using the + isn't good if I want to add up hundreds of lines.
 Is this an Excel issue?   I tried a couple things:
1.  I left my =SUM in the spreadsheet.  If I type over any of the numbers, my
sum works (but only on the numbers that I typed over)

2.  If I highlight some of the column of numbers and "format cells" and change
it, it doesn't work.  For example, I had a column of integers and did a "format
cells" to change it to a number with 2 decimals, and it leaves the column
untouched.
Other individual calculations work (such as   +B1/A1)   just not the =SUM.
Anyone getting that to work?

Karen