Jim,

Maybe

EDIT USING ... WHERE COUNT = INSERT

Jan

From: James Burroughs <jburroug...@cox.net>
To: rbase-l@googlegroups.com
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2022 19:54:04 -0700
Subject: [RBASE-L] - How to navigate to a specific table row and display it
on a form

I have a form which displays columns from a single row of a table.  The
user is given the option either to enter a new row or to edit an
existing row.  If a new row, then a blank form is displayed.  If an
existing row, then the user selects a row from a drop down list based on
a date.   My question is how to get the form to display the row that was
selected?

I've tried the EDIT USING command with a WHERE clause from within an EEP
to select the desired row and display the information on the form.  This
works, but opens a new instance of the form.  I'm wondering if there is
a better approach.

Thanks,

Jim Burroughs

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rbase-l/28f5a21f-85d0-3267-9e30-dd91e86d77c0%40cox.net.