John,

What is your *NAMEWIDTH *setting?

At the R> prompt: SHOW NAMEWIDTH

The default is 18 characters.

In my case, I have the NAMEWIDTH set to 40.

*SET NAMEWIDTH 40*

Hope it helps!

Very Best R:egards,

Razzak

On 12/8/2022 12:21 AM, johnd...@gmail.com wrote:
I have noticed that the variable lengths in one of my databases are truncated at 18 characters, which I understood applied in X.5 and not the Enterprise version. I was just wondering if I am doing something wrong or has something changed  ?  Any advice would be appreciated. (These used to work with longer names - I think.)

Thank you.
Regards
John Docherty
--