Yes, this client is using double quotes

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruce Chitiea <rby...@safesectors.com>
To: rbase-l@googlegroups.com <rbase-l@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Mon, Feb 13, 2023 11:24 am
Subject: Re: [RBASE-L] - Using Alias for column names

<!--#yiv4957724294 blockquote.yiv4957724294cite
{margin-left:5px;margin-right:0px;padding-left:10px;padding-right:0px;border-left:1px
 solid #cccccc;}#yiv4957724294 blockquote.yiv4957724294cite2
{margin-left:5px;margin-right:0px;padding-left:10px;padding-right:0px;border-left:1px
 solid #cccccc;margin-top:3px;padding-top:0px;}#yiv4957724294 a img
{border:0px;}-->I take it that you're using the [ " ] as your quote character.
SET VAR vmonth1 TEXT = ("`Jan-23`")
Bruce
------ Original Message ------From "'Karen Tellef' via RBASE-L"
<rbase-l@googlegroups.com>To "rbase-l@googlegroups.com"
<rbase-l@googlegroups.com>Date 2/13/2023 9:06:17 AMSubject [RBASE-L] - Using
Alias for column names

I could have SWORN I've done this before, but nothing is working.
I have a table with columns  Month1, Month2....  Month12
I have a bunch of variables that represent the displayed months:   vMonth1 =
"Jan-23", vMonth2 = "Feb-23"
Trying to do an Excel Gateway export including:   Month1 AS .vMonth1, Month2 AS
.vMonth2
I tried .vMonth1, &vMonth1
I swear I've done this before.  If anyone can tell me, for sure I'll document
it for the future!!!

Karen
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rbase-l/791241025.792952.1676307977150%40mail.yahoo.com.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rbase-l/eme190e39b-59a6-449f-9999-fd576c7c050b%40a88f78da.com.