All:

While generating a five-digit Chart of Accounts report, several Break Header bands (defined on data values 'glCode1 ... glCode5') fail to "collapse" when header data values are NULL:

Dynamically-sized Break Header bands H0, H1 and H2 contain only DBText fields, aligning vertically as desired.

Dynamically-sized Break Header bands H3 and H4 contain Regions where we want NULL-valued records to collapse.

The H3 band contains the Before Generate EEP

   IF vglCode4 IS NULL THEN
       PROPERTY cid_region_h3 VISIBLE 'FALSE'
   ELSE
       PROPERTY cid_region_h3 VISIBLE 'TRUE'
   ENDIF
   RETURN

The H4 band contains the Before Generate EEP

   IF vglCode5 IS NULL THEN
       PROPERTY cid_region_h4 VISIBLE 'FALSE'
   ELSE
       PROPERTY cid_region_h4 VISIBLE 'TRUE'
   ENDIF
   RETURN

... based on Report variables:

Report: household_chartOfAccounts_level_5
  1  : TEXT   : H3 : vglCode4 = (glCode4)
  2  : TEXT   : H4 : vglCode5 = (glCode5)

I find no reference to anything approximating a Region or Band "collapse" PROPERTY.

I've monkeyed around with various Shift and Stretch properties, to no effect.

Any thoughts / pointers MUCH appreciated!