The documentation I have shows LIMIT without an "=" sign with two
parameters, i.e.: LIMIT X, Y where X is the first row (starting at 0) and Y
is the number of rows to retrieve. It does work as per the documentation.
The alternative, with an "=" sign, returns the specified number of rows
always starting from the first row as "0". It seems the former LIMIT
command has more versatility. I, too, am familiar with the latter command
and just learned of the former. The question is definitely legit.

*AKA Barechested Chuck*