On Wed, 2008-12-17 at 10:58 -0800, Doug Peterson wrote:
> Fellow Rivendellers:
>

> What FDs work best on an Atlantis, set up with a triple?

The best FD I've ever used on a "Riv style" compact triple is the
Campagnolo Racing T.  Shimano makes a MTB front derailleur intended for
48T big ring, and it works fine - I have several of them - but they just
don't shift as nicely as the Racing T, and they stick out behind the
seat tube a lot, enough to interfere with the fender on my Velo Orange
(not likely to be a problem on an Atlantis, though).

Both of these are made for compact cranksets and have fairly short tails
on the derailleur cage.