First like to wish you all a happy new year!
Recently found this nos early 90's 8sp XTR M900 32h 135 mm hub in a
shop parts bin. More info here:
http://www.bikepro.com/products/hubs/hubs_shimano.html
Thought I might build it up with some new 650B rims and a dynamo hub
up front. As I have both mtb and road steel frames in store I thought
it would be a good idea to respace the hub to 132 mm. This way I can
use them for either types and see witch frame it suite the best.
Remember reading some where that it was possible to remove or grind
down some of the washers on the drive side and still have room for the
chain to clear the fork ends. Would this work or do I need to respace
the left side too? Do I need to alter any numbers when I calculate the
spoke length? It came without a quick release so would a old Ultegra
look-a-like work? Grateful to hear of any other issues I might run
into.