The only bars I've broken has been crashes prior to this and neither
were hi end parts. When I think of it they probably were 6 or 7000
series alu too!

In RR39/Summer-03 issue Grant had a very interesting interview with
the president and designer of Nitto Mr. Akira Yoshikawa:

"Q: For a 200lb (91kg) road rider, how light can a bar be made and
still pass your standards?