I've actually done quite a bit of riding on singlespeeds and fixies.  In
fact,for a two year stretch that's all I owned. But I've never owned one in
super hilly country (and San Diego certainly qualifies).

As I recall, I could still do most of the rides I did on my geary, but I'd
just be a lot more wiped out physically at the end. Good for beefing up the
muscles when you don't have time for a long ride, I suppose.

The QB coupled with the new SA 3-speed fixed gear could be a very
interesting project ...  Wonder when that SA hub is finally going to come
out.

Dustin Sharp
San Diego, CA