Sorry. My Latin was never very sophisticated (I could piece out the bible,
Aquinas was easy, but I never could read Cicero. And what I had is now very
rusty.

It does sound like dog latin, as they call it, like the (probably
apocryphal) apothegm attribued to Patton: Ilegitimis non carborundum: don't
let the bastards wear you down.