Colin,
   Here in Kentucky, I never change gears on the Quickbeam.  While it's hard
to find a flat road, most of the hills are short enough that it  would not be
worth my while to shift at the bottom and again at the top.
   While we do have enough hills that require a bike with a  triple, I
haven't taken Maureen on those routes. The longest I've taken her is  on a club
60
miler - and enjoyed every minute
Bill

In a message dated 1/27/2009 6:31:26 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,