>From the first Riv catalog:

"The frames are made of Reynolds 753 steel tubing drawn to our own
specifications, and the tubes are heavier than the stock Reynolds 753
tubes and other superlight steel tubes.  But the extra material is
well-placed:  The upper down tube butt is 100 mm, because the most
vulnerable part of the frame on any bike is the underside of the upper
portion of hte down tube, and the long butt protects this vulnerable
area."

I have a Road Std I bought new in 1995.  I know I weighed it back
then, and I remember something closer to 6 pounds, but mine's a 56, a
bit larger than yours appears to be.  I remember 1-1/2 pounds being
normal for a fork (the blades are standard 531, not 753) back then,
and 4+ pounds for a light racing frame.

Bill