This year's Fargo Street climb is in about a week, March 15th, organized by
the LA Wheelmen.  Not a race, but a friendly contest to see who can climb it
the most times in a row.  Ouch.  The city lists it as 32%, most folks say
it's 33%, sometimes it's claimed to be 35%.  I'm a believer in the 33%
theory.  It's one hill over from my place, I've walked up it a few times,
but never tried it on a bike.  I've also walked up Baldwin Street in New
Zealand, the world record holder at 35%, and wasn't impressed - only gets
crazy steep in the last 30 feet or so.  But then I'm biased because I'm
proud of my neighborhood's insane hills.

http://www.lawheelmen.org/fargo.htm

-Pete