Hi everyone,

The bike in the Cyclofiend gallery is beautiful. I've admired it on Flickr
for several weeks.

As a side note, my name is Paul I'm new to the group. In the quest for
bigger and fatter tires, I've got a 64cm Bombadil on order that I plan on
riding extensively off road, including a 40 mile mountain bike race this
fall, assuming the course is more wide open.

This is my Quickbeam: http://www.flickr.com/photos/disastro/3355182374/

I ride it off road quite bit, but it's not quite a mountain bike...37 cm
tires for a 200 lb guy are a little skinny over rock gardens. You really
need a little more clearance if you're in the mud and knocking the rims out
of true occasionally.

As soon my Bombadil frame arrives, most of the parts from my Surly
Crosscheck are going onto it, and I look forward to supplying the ride
report mentioned below.

I have a few questions about the Bombadil, but I'll put them into a new
thread.

Paul S.

--
651 605 1338