on 4/2/09 7:09 AM, Seth Vidal at skvi...@gmail.com wrote:

> Has anyone come across one of these, yet:
>
> http://bike.shimano.com/publish/content/global_cycle/en/us/index/products/0/al
> fine/product.-code-WH-S500-V-3D-S.-type-.html
>
> b/c they look very very shiny and I'm curious how they stand up to the SON's.

There have been some threads on the iBob list and the BL list over the last
couple months.  My recollection is that they seem to be decent quality, but
no one has claimed they are at the same level as the Schmidt SON hub.

I do find it humorous that the Shimano site shows the hub built up on a 24
spoke wheel.

--
Jim Edgar
cyclofi...@earthlink.net

Cyclofiend Bicycle Photo Galleries - http://www.cyclofiend.com
Current Classics - Cross Bikes
Singlespeed - Working Bikes

The Gallery needs your photos! Send 'em in - Here's how:
http://www.cyclofiend.com/guidelines

"She edged in to get a better look at the bike, how it was made, the
intricacy of its brakes and shifters pulling her straight in. Beauty."
-- William Gibson, "Virtual Light"