Just saw this post. Are you here yet?

Imho, Austin's a great city to be a cyclist. It's not an officially
great city with an officially great cyclling infrastructure though
that is getting incrementally better with some hope on the horizon,
but we do have tons of fine cycling in town and out.

If you're headed down soon, the weather has had bouts of severe
fineness as of late though spring winds have been rearing their head
intermittently esp in the afternoon.

As above on the resources. Bicycle sport shop has some routes they'll
give you maps to. Jack and Adams posts some good routes on Bikely. My
favorite shop is the Peddler on North Loop and they can help you with
route info also.

A fun low key ride is to start at the Shoal Creek hike and bike trail
head at 35th and Lamar and take it down to Lady Bird Lake, do a loop
around the lake and head back up Shoal Creek. That's right around
15-16 miles of primarily granite trails that cuts through the heart of
Austin. The Lady Bird loop can get a little crowded on the west end
esp. on weekends but if you're riding mellow through that part it's
not usually too bad.

http://www.ci.austin.tx.us/parks/parkmaps/images/trails_shoal_creek.jpg
http://www.ci.austin.tx.us/parks/parkmaps/images/trails_town_lake.jpg

Here's a longish road ride that's super fine this time of year:
http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/Jack-Adam-s-Sunday-Shop-Ride

And one of my favorite in city road rides:
http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/Thursday-Night-Road-Ride-1-22-09

Oh yeah, bring allergy medicine. Even if you don't have symptoms you
can probably trade it for goods and services...