Call me crazy... but isn’t it possible that sometimes a bike is worth
putting on a pedestal, that it isn't "doomed" because of it? This is
probably one of the last, if not the last, new XO-1's. Sure it was
made to be ridden, but it wasn't ridden. It seems like it is now more
a part of bicycling history, than just a bicycle. I would love to go
to a museum someday and see an un-ridden XO-1. There are thousands of
bikes in musuems around the world and I think we are all the better
for it. I like museums of all sorts and to say something is doomed for
being in a museum seems to diminish the value of what museums do. I am
suprised there isn't discussion of buying it specifically to donate to
a musuem. I will donate $25 if someone seriously wants to get this
started.

Don't get me wrong, bikes are made to be ridden. There is nothing
worse than a new bike that doesn’t get ridden because it is too cold,
too wet, too rocky, etc. But maybe this is different...

+1 for this ending up in a museum. (Smithsonian would be so cool!)

Cheers