I, too, have laced my S-A due to inner thigh interference.  I found it
hard to tension a single lace adequately, so my SA is done in three
separate loops.  Looks the same in profile, works fine, and was a
definite improvement over stock (for me).

I have also had to trim the slot a little wider, as the edges between
the sit-bone areas had drawn together and were trying to overlap.
That's an 'approved' modification according tot he instruction sheet.
While I was at it, I lengthened the wide part of the slot a bit to get
a bit more pressure relief a bit further back.  That's probably not
'approved' but has also been an improvement IMO.

Bill