The UCI is fighting a loosing battle.  Whatever the rules are,
competitors and the people that support them, will find a way to tweak
the equipment for some small advantage that may loom large at the
finish line or judging stand.  Have you seen the suits that Speedo is
making for swimmers?  The kinds of guns used by our international trap
team?
GeorgeS