I own a Bleriot that I purchased in 2006. It is set up with a full
Campy Centaur Group including a compact crank with custom 46/34
chainrings, It works great with the stock size Campy bottom bracket
( I think 111mm, but any good Campy dealer will know what size it
needs ) I could understand perhaps wanting to substitue some other BB
if the Campy were expensive, but it is around $60, so I just used it.
Similarly, I also just use the Campy "compact" front derailer with it
too, another item that is not very expecsive as long as you stay away
from Record or Chorus in the Campy line.  Likewise, it works great. I
understand you plan on using a non-Campy rear end, and I can see no
reason why this would not work very well with the Campy crank/BB/front
der. Good luck with getting your new bike set up, and I hope that you
enjoy your's as much as I enjoy mine. Happy riding, Jon.