Boy, Moulton's experience hit home with me.  I went from a 10 CM stem
and Noodle bar (110 mm reach?) on my Riv Road, to an 8 cm stem with a
Ritchie Biomax bar (80 mm reach) set 3 cm lower, and was more
comfortable.  My back angle didn't change much, but my hands are now
not so far in front of my shoulders and it's less strain to hold up my
torso.

Amazing what turning 50 does to your body!

Bill