Darren-

The cyclotourist is indeed a very beautiful crank but it is best
suited to those with narrow hips because of its low Q factor.  If you
have narrow hips your feet  will naturally fall closer together on the
pedals.  Watch people from behind as they pedal and notice where their
feet are relative to their hips and what that does to their knees.  A
crank that is too narrow or too wide for a person will result in knee
problems and pedaling inefficiency/leg fatugue.

Velo-Orange has the new 60th anniversary model cyclotourist in 165mm
and 172.5mm.  Yellow Jersey has the old model in 165 and 175 mm.  The
new model has been adapted slightly for modern front derailleurs -
something Jan Heine wrote about in BQ - and the dust caps are
different.

Kathryn
Eugene, OR