I listed this on the Boblist, too, but I know that many people
(including myself) usually only read the RBW list.  I also know there
are many Californians on this list - if any of you in the south are
interested in this bike and would like to arrange a local meeting, let
me know, please.

Rivendell Romulus bicycle or frameset for sale.  Frameset is $750, or
complete bike is $1100.  This bike has seen minimal miles, has a few
cosmetic blemishes.  I guess it has been ridden somewhere between
400-600 miles total.  I live in the San Gabriel mountains in Southern
California, and I would be happy to arrange for a local to see and
ride
the bike.

Some pictures are at
http://picasaweb.google.com/david.charles.carroll/RomulusForSale#

Payment with Paypal is preferred, unless I make a local sale, and
then
cash is fine, as well.

Frame is a 59 cm C-T purchased from Rivendell in 2005
It is built with the stock Romulus/Rivendell kit, including:
Nitto Frog seatpost
Nitto Technomic Deluxe (7 cm - it's shorter, because my wife needed a
shorter cockpit)
Nitto Noodle 46 cm handlebar.  She wrapped it with cotton tape and
hemp
twine, and shellacked it an amber color.
Shimano 105 hubs, derailers and headset.
Shimano Dura-Ace 9-speed bar-end shifters.
Shimano R-400 brake levers and 57 mm A-550 long-reach calipers.
Sugino XD triple crankset 48-36-26.
12-13-14-15-17-19-21-23-25 cassette.
Araya RC-540 rims with Panasonic/Rivendell Ruffy-Tuffy tires.  The
tires
have most of their life still ahead of them.
2 mm stainless steel spokes, 32 front, 36 rear.

Additionally, I would be happy to include the 45mm SKS black fenders
if
you buy the complete bike.  I took them off of her bike, because the
room was a bit tight in the stock brakes.  If you decide to buy the
frameset only, I will sell them for $10.  They are in fine condition,
and depending on your brakes, they will fit around a 35 mm tire or
narrower.

I am not selling the saddle in the picture.

NOTE: One of the dropouts on the fork was bent a little when I
removed
the bike from a roof rack.  It doesn't affect the alignment of the
hub/wheel, but I have to loosen the quick release nut further out.
Easily repairable, doesn't affect the ride, but I don't want anyone
be surprised by this.

The reasons we are selling this bike/frame are twofold:
1.  It was a long reach for her, because she has long legs but a
shorter
torso and shorter reach than many men who ride a 59 cm Rivendell
frame.
2.  We bought a surfboard and wetsuits, and something has to go to
fund it.

Dave Carroll
Wrightwood, CA