I ride a Rambouillet and a Traveler's Check.  They're both good bikes
and they are approximately the same size.  I ride a 56cm frame and
when I bought the Surly I ordered the closesst frame to that size: BB
to top of seat tube.  This is a dumb question but I'm going to ask it
anyway.  How does one size a bike by the length of the top tube?
Don't you always have to measure the seat tube or the stand-over
height?
Seeking enlightenment.
GeorgeS