> However, I don't think its "borderline silly" that people chose to
> drive to places to ride their bike. On the weekends, I usually get
> ride out from my house across the GG Bridge and up to Marin for a nice
> 40-50+ mile ride. But, on occasions, I like to ride in other areas
> like down the Peninsula or in the East Bay. In which case, I will need
> to drive to those location. Brewster

Yeah, I probably over generalized myself.  Unfortunately, most parts
of the nation are not adequately served by train or other mass transit
device that can carry a recreational rider and bike to a place where
the rider wants to ride.  As most of us do not have a day to get to
the nice riding trail, taking our bike and person there via car is the
best we can do.