The Bar Box has my attention.  I am putting together my latest touring
bike (an odd obsession of mine).

I was going to use my Ortlieb Ultimate 5 handlebar bag.  It is nice,
but using it requires you to install a mount on the stem and leave it
there. On shorter rides when you don't necessarily need a handlebar
bag, you always have the mount to look at.   If you want to use the
bag on another bike, it needs to have its own mount.

The cotton velcro straps on the Bar Box are a low tech but very handy
solution.