on 8/26/09 3:59 PM, Garth at garth...@gmail.com wrote:
> The search function seems rather useless. It wasn't always this way, I
> seem to remember a crash a while ago on this site.  .  . .are all the
> old posts gone?

Thanks for mentioning this.  I hadn't noticed that issue specifically.

I don't have time to dig deeply into the issue tonight, so here's the nickel
tour of the issue:

It appears that Google Groups has been having an issue with the standard
search function related to the groups.  There is no official word on an
expected fix.

All the posts of this group are still available.  You can find them if you
go to the group page, then click on "About This Group".  There is a tally by
month of the posts to this group.  You can click on each number to see that
month's posts.

The current specific workaround seems to be by using the Google Groups

If you use this search, it will generate a result which includes posts back
to the beginning of this group.

NOTE - When using the Google Groups Advanced Search page, you will need to
enter the specific name of this group:  rbw-owners-bunch

Hope that helps.  More info as I know more.

- Jim

--
Jim Edgar  / List Admin
cyclofi...@earthlink.net