You're not sitting on the rails when your SAA looks like that?  I tried one
a few years back and after 40 miles I was seated on the rails with a light
strip of leather between my bum and the rail.  I literally called home and
had a family member meet me at mile 180 of a 600K with my Brooks, which I
re-installed in the parking lot of a Shell station.

Granted, it was a very warm and humid day in SE Texas in May, which I
suppose affected the humidity of the leather under my bum, but still.  I
have two of those SAA saddles gathering dust in my garage.

On the positive side, beautiful bar tape!!!!  Love it.

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 10:25 AM, stonehog <stone...@gmail.com> wrote:

> That was just before I tightened it up a bit.  It was fairly stretched
> going into the ride, and the rain didn't help.  Plenty of bolt left,
> however, and still comfy.
>
> Brian
>

> On Monday, March 31, 2014 3:59:48 AM UTC-7, Tony DeFilippo wrote:
>>
>> Great looking handlebar wrap.  So far I've been putting a layer of inner
>> tube under my cotton take for extra padding... Maybe I'll try the cotton
>> only approach next time.  8 hours of rain riding during a 300k distance
>> sounds like alot to me, congrats on finishing!  Your SAA saddle had some
>> extreme hammock action happening, is that just the result of the long hours
>> and rain or is that the broken in standard?
>>
>> Tony
>>
>  --

Keep the metal side up and the rubber side down!