This page on the Park Tool site talks about the procedure that one could
use to insert a rivnut into that sad hole.  That's the way to try to fix it
without going to the framebuilder

Park RivNut page<http://www.parktool.com/blog/repair-help/water-bottle-fittings>

I'm sure there are qualifiers.  Like, if the sad hole is WAY bigger than
the Outside Diameter of the RivNut, then it wont work.   The bummer about
having a framebuilder do it is you'll cook off a pretty big swath of paint.