A lot has been written about differing personalities and philosophies,
sometimes it's about trail or tube thickness, sometimes it's about
suppleness, or what have you, but I was doing some drivetrain cleaning and
I was wondering about the whole greasing square taper vs dry fitting, and
of course I was searching the Internet, where I came across this post from
Jan:

http://janheine.wordpress.com/2012/04/16/to-grease-or-not-to-grease/

But the point of the matter isn't the technical debate between greasing or
not greasing (for the record I put a tiny bit of grease on the taper, like
I was applying ointment), but one of the last phrases in the post:

<<...put them back on, and enjoy them some more.>>

I was struck by the poetry of this statement. I guess that's the point of
this whole exercise. We enjoy our bicycles; They give us joy. The joy of
movement and flying, the joy of conquering a climb, the joy of a quiet
vista with no one in sight. And the joy of riding with cherished friends.

So anyway, while I'm waiting the next two hours for the boeshield to dry on
my chain, I'd to wish everyone joy.

...and enjoy them some more.

Cheers

cc

--
"I want the kind of six pack you can't drink." -- Micah